Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Workout recap

So usually on Monday's I'll post what my projected workout schedule is for the week and then I'll edit that post each day with what I actually did.  I strive to stick as closely as possible to my schedule.  But sometime life gets in the way, sometimes my mental capacity gets in the way, and sometimes it just is what it is.
Last week (May 9th - May 15th) was just an off week.  And I have those sometimes.  I didn't eat well, and I didn't workout well.  It all started with an attempted 5 mile run on Monday (5/9).  I live in Texas after all and should know better than to try to run at 4 o'clock in the afternoon in Texas heat and humidity.  That was mistake number 1.  On top of that, I had run almost 8 miles that Saturday and a little over 3 miles on Sunday so my legs were pretty tired. So the run was a disaster, I did finish 5 miles, but I ran/walked and it took me about an hour to get through it.  Plus my left knee was pretty sore when I was done. As a result I ended up taking most of the rest of the week off.  Partly to let my knee rest, and mostly because I couldn't mentally get into working out or running.
Saturday though I got back in it.  Spent the night on Friday with my parents since B was in Baton Rouge for family stuff and got up and ran with my Dad on Saturday morning.  We ran a 5 mile route around my parents neighborhood.  Before this the longest my dad had run was 3.1 miles and we did this 5 miles at a pretty fast pace (average about 9:45 pace and ran a big hill at the end).  My dad is a super athlete though, this was a great run. 
Sunday I woke up before church and ran a little over 4 miles.  So I ended up with 14 miles for the week.  Not bad, but not great either.

No comments:

Post a Comment