Monday, March 7, 2011

5 days until Spring Break!!

The count down is on and I cannot wait!!
I've been completely and totally burned out at work which is not a good sign considering it's only March. Burn out for me usually sneaks up right after the TAKS test in early May.
I need a break in the worse kind of way. I'm looking forward to sleeping in a little (as much as my 2 darling, early rising children will let me), going on fun outings to the zoo and such, and running outside since we turn the clocks forward this Sunday. Oh, and I'm running a little 1/2 marathon next Saturday the 19th, AND I get to go see Ryan Bingham at the House of Blues that night. So I'm really ready for this week to be over and get my Spring Break STARTED!

Weekend update:
Saturday morning I woke up about 6:30. Actually my alarm was set for 6:30 but I was woken up by 2 hands on my face, 2 big brown eyes looking at me, and a cute 3 1/2 year old telling me the sun was up so it was time to wake up. I need to teach him to find his dad's side of the bed! So I got up and made my coffee and had a protein bar and a banana and tried to get motivated to get ready for my weekend long run. On the plan was a 10 miler. I looked outside and it was raining. But it was kind of cool and breezy (it was not yet cold, but it would get that way fast). Since it was still in the high 60 degrees I opted to wear shorts and t-shirt, I would regret that decision by about mile 8. I didn't start my run until about 7:45 and the rain had stopped but it was still overcast with just a little breeze. The first 5 miles were really good but I was running pretty slow (around 10:30 min/mile). I'm pretty sure this is due to the squat and lunge fest I decided to do as part of my workout on Thursday. My legs felt like bricks that were on fire for most of the run. I took a Gu around mile 5 (Jessica: it was mint chocolate and it was yummy :-) Jessica thinks Gu are the grosses thing in the world! She's gagging right now haha) and that helped for the 2nd half of the run and I averaged a 10 min/mile pace. Around mile 8 it got really windy, blowing me over windy, and temp dropped into the 50's. It was pretty cold, but I was almost done so I sucked it up and finished the last 2 miles a little faster than the rest.
I was very glad when that run was over.
The rest of Saturday was spent eating lunch with my little family (yummy Jason's Deli) and hanging with the inlaws for an hour or 2 before going home to do some chores. Husband rewarded me for my hard work with sushi! I may or may not be borderline addicted to sushi. It is so yummy.
Sunday was low key. Church, short 3 mile run, laundry, small group (where I ate WAY too much of Jessica's awesome food; my friend Jessica may be the 2nd greatest cook I know, #1 being my mother in law), home to get ready for the week.
B is working some crazy hours at work this week and his rodeo work shifts start on Saturday. I have a workout plan, but I'm not sure how closely I'll be able to stick to it. Depends on if my kids cooperate and go to bed easily and on time :) I'm afraid I may have to do my long run on the treadmill and the thought of it makes me want to weep. Maybe we'll invade my mom's house on Saturday. I'll have the kids ask her, she just can't seem to say no to them LOL
We shall see.

No comments:

Post a Comment