Wednesday, February 9, 2011

AH, the joy

of living in southeast Texas.....

You ever heard the saying about Texas weather, "If you don't like the weather in Texas just wait an hour or so and it'll change"
Well it's totally true. This morning when we left for school it was 40 degrees, by noon it was raining and sleeting and the temp had dropped to 30 or so and now it is in the 20's and the windchill is in the teens (Which means I'll be doing my run on the treadmill tonight!!!) I'm sure that people who live up north think I'm totally ridiculous, but us southern folk don't know how to handle this kind of weather :)
I have a 1/2 marathon on Saturday but the weather look to be pretty perfect. It'll be kinda cold in the beginning but it's suppose to be sunny and the high is 64 (but I'll be done running way before the temp gets up that high). And then next week it's gonna be in the 70's. Looking forward to it but I'm hoping the yo-yo weather changes don't end up making me or my kids sick. That would be no bueno!

No comments:

Post a Comment