Sunday, February 13, 2011

Jail Break 1/2 Marathon: Pre race

The race started at 7am, and was about 15 minutes or so from our house. I had set the alarm for 4:30 so that I wasn't rushing around and could take my time. I didn't go to bed until almost 11 the night before and shot out of bed a 4am wide awake with no chance of going back to sleep. Might as well get up and chill out a little before it's time to start getting ready.
I have a kind of ritual I do before races, we'll before pretty much all of my long runs. I like to get up before everybody in the house, make my coffee and my Elvis sandwich (peanut or almond butter, depending on what I bought that week, sliced banana on a sandwich thin) and eat my breakfast in peace.
This is what Brandon and I look like at 5am on a Saturday.
It's not pretty. I love that he loves me. :)
Coffee and Elvis sandwich.
Yes, that is a Christmas mug. But it is a giant awesome mug and I love it.
Sadly, that mug had a Snowman brother that died on my kitchen floor last week :(

Garmin 305. Best.running.purchase. EVER.

Jail Break 1/2 marathon 2011.
Bib #69....no comments from the peanut gallery please :)

I lay out all my gear the night before. Crazy? Maybe. But it keeps me from running around like a crazy person at 4:30 in the morning trying to find all of my crap. If you know me, you know I'm not at my finest early in the morning, especially before my coffee has a chance to go into effect.






No comments:

Post a Comment